Gratitude as a Business Strategy
Tomorrow we celebrate Thanksgiving in America. I was going to wish you a Happy Turkey Day, but I didn’t want to use any fowl language.
Bad jokes aside, we are grateful that you are part of our community and hope you have a wonderful holiday celebration!
During this season of gratitude, we encourage you to consider how gratitude can be a strategic driver of your business success.
“When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around.”
– Willie Nelson
Try this little exercise and see what it does for your business.
Step 1: Reflect on Positive Client Engagements
Think about some of your favorite client engagements…
- Reflect on those clients that were your “ideal clients.”
- The clients you LOVED serving
- The clients that got exceptional results
- The experiences that affirmed you are operating in your genius zone
Step 2: Journal Your Gratitude
Now, take some time to journal your gratitude for those people and experiences.
- Feel the positive emotions wash over you as you relive those moments.
- Write down what you learned as a result.
- Write or draw pictures to reflect the impact you had on those clients and, in turn, the impact your clients have on others because you worked with them.
Step 3: Share Your Gratitude
Pick a few clients to follow up with to express your gratitude. Let them know you were thinking about them and that you are grateful they entrusted you to work with them, and invite them to a conversation to catch up.
You might be surprised at what happens next. This gratitude exercise will help you attract more of your ideal clients…
…through revelations about the type of clients you want to serve
…through referrals from your best clients
…through inspired actions by tapping into the positivity of gratitude